Nomination forms available at www.hickorymetrosports.com and at the Catawba County Chamber of Commerce.
The Hickory Metro Sports Commission is seeking nominations for the 2017 class of the Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame.
Established in 2000, the Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame aims to recognize the extraordinary efforts and achievements of athletes, coaches, teams and contributors, while reinforcing a sense of history and tradition in Catawba County.
Deadline for nominations is Monday , February 7th.
“We would like to thank the public for getting involved in nominating so many worthwhile candidates over the years,” said CVSHOF Chairman JuJu Phillips. “Each year we receive a number of nominations for deserving candidates. It still amazes me how many coaches, players, pioneers, or contributors that deserve the recognition for helping to build the sports heritage here.”
Nominations remain on file and are part of a permanent pool of applications reviewed by the selection committee each year.
Already, 74 men and women are enshrined in the Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame at Hickory’s Highland Recreation Center. Plaques representing Hall of Fame members are on permanent display and are available for public viewing daily at the recreation center.
Hall of Fame members represent a broad variety of sports, and they are individuals who distinguished themselves as athletes, coaches and/or supporters of athletic endeavors in Catawba County.
New members to the Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame will be inducted during a ceremony at the Highland Recreation Center this May.
To make a nomination for the Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame, complete a nomination form, which is available at the Hickory Metro Sports Commission website, www.hickorymetrosports.com. Nomination forms are also available at the Catawba County Chamber of Commerce office, located at 1055 Southgate Corporate Park Southwest in Hickory.
Nomination forms detail criteria for Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame candidates, including:
• The candidate must have been a resident of the Catawba County area for at least of four years.
• The candidate must have been a participant in his/her sport for at least four years.
• The candidate must be of good character and reputation.
• While a citizen of the Catawba County area, the candidate’s sports achievement(s) and/or contributions must have been recognized throughout the Catawba County area as enhancing the sports activity he/she represents.
• All candidates shall be considered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, handicap or national origin.
For more information or questions contact JuJu Phillips at email@example.com