HALL OF FAME NOMINATION INFORMATION
Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame nomination forms can be downloaded here, or are available at the Catawba County Chamber of Commerce and can be picked up at the front desk.
The Chamber of Commerce is located in Hickory at 1055 Southgate Corporate Park SW.
The qualifications for Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame are:
1. The candidate must have been a resident of the Catawba County area for a minimum of four years.
2. The candidate must have been a participant in his/her sport activity for a minimum of four years.
3. The candidate must be of good character and reputation.
4. While a citizen of the Catawba County area, the candidate’s sportsman achievement(s) and/or contributions must have been recognized throughout the Catawba County area as enhancing the sports activities he/she represents.
5. All candidates shall be considered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, handicap or national origin.
Deadline for submitting a candidate’s nomination form for consideration for the 2016 induction is Feb. 15, 2016.
All applications, once submitted, are maintained on file and considered in the selection process each year.
New members to the Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame will be inducted during a ceremony at The Hickory Recreation Department on Monday, May 9, 2016.